Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Knitterly stuff / Vaihteeksi neulontaa

I haven't totally gone over to card making, even though it might seem so... I've been knitting the Springtime Swirl Shawl what feels like for a year now - I'm on the final clue, the edging. It is really taking ages to knit a sideways edge to a circular shawl >_> Here's a little peek on what the finished edge will look like:

Pattern: Springtime Swirl Shawl by Kristel Nyberg (rav-link)
Yarn: Titan Wool Merino
Needles: 3.75mm Addi Turbo Lace

Note that I have changed the clue: I am knitting every second round, not purling like it should be. I like the garter stitch better than stockinette.

En nyt ihan täysin ole kortin tekoon hurahtanut, vaikka se blogia lukiessa siltä tuntuisikin. Olen työstänyt Springtime Swirl shawlia jo kohta ikuisuuden - ainakin se siltä tuntuu, kun menossa on ympyrähuiviin sivuttaisreunus... Yllä muutama vilkaisu reunukseen, jota olen alkuperäisestä ohjeesta sen verran muuntanut, että neulon nurjat kerrokset oikein. Minusta nätimpi noin.

Some baby stuff for a friend in Finland - as she did not reveal any gender, it's boring white :) As I don't have a new born to borrow, here's my plushies doing a fashion show! Sorry about the bumps under the hat, Mr. Redbones has horns ;)

Yarn: Grignasco Bambi Merino Extrafine, wonderful machine washable yarn with tight twist






Vanhat koulukaverit lisääntyvät hälyyttävää tahtia, tässä muutama vauvaneule Suomeen. "Laitetaanko vaaleansinistä vai -punaista?" kysymykseen vastaus oli "Laita valkoista." Niin että tylsän valkoisena sitten vaan ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nunt
    Your work is beautiful
    Good luck with my blog candy :)

    ReplyDelete