Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tim Holtz Alterations Chevron -Bigz die and a learning experience

I usually love pretty much anything Tim Holtz, and especially his Bigz-dies because they cut like butter. I knew I had to get the Chevron -die for paperpiecing, and this weekend I finally had time to play with it.

So on I go, running the die through my Big Shot with 4 different patterned papers, poke out the little pieces, put my frame on a double sided tape and start piecing.

First piece doesn't fit. The second piece doesn't fit. The third piece doesn't fit. I have 4 x 16 pieces on my desk, all in a jumble, and nothing fits! So I take one of the frames that doesn't have tape on it, and start figuring out why:


It's a chevron right, you'd think each piece was the same size? Nope. Each row has it's unique size, and not all pieces on one row are the same. 

So, if you are going for the paperpiecing with this die, for the love of god DO NOT POKE OUT THE PIECES! Just pluck them out of their frame one at a time.

I did finally finish the card, after having pieced all the pieces back in their respective frames and gotten everything in order:




No comments:

Post a Comment