Saturday, January 3, 2009

Surfie!

I am so in love with my finished Apres Surf Hoodie by Connie Chang Chinchio (Interweave Knits Summer 2008). The sleeves are over long, just as I like them and because the lace pattern is so stretchy, I can pull them over my hands to warm em up when needed :) The i-cord bind off really makes a neat finish.

Pictures taken on our patio, the results of 2 days of snowfall in the background ^_^

Details:
Yarn: Sandnes Garn Lanett, 375g (7.5 skeins)
Needles: 3.5 for the body and sleeves, 2.75 for the hood and 2.5 for the hood edge; 3 for the i-cord bo.




Lankana: Sandnes Garn Lanett, 375g (7.5 kerää)
Puikot: 3.5 etu- ja takakpl + hihat, 2.75 huppu, 2.5 hupun reunus; 3 i-cordit.

Tykkään ihan älyttömästi sopivasti lumimyrskyn seurana valmistuneesta Apres Surf Hoodiesta (suunnittelija Connie Chang Chinchio, Interweave Knits Summer 2008). Hihoista tein tarkoituksella pidemmät kuin ohjeessa, ja koska pitsineule joustaa niin hyvin, saan hihat vedettyä tarpeen mukaan kokonaan käsien suojaksi. I-cord päättelynä villapaidassa oli itselleni uutta, ja se todella antaa hienon loppusilauksen paidalle.

Kuvat on otettu meidän terassilta, taustalla näkyy kahden päivän lumisateen loppusaldo.

6 comments:

  1. Åh, så flink du er! Den ble kjempefin, og passa deg veldig godt. Med det håret du har kan du jo ha veldig sterke farger også du (neste gang :p).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rogue og Air er redan rød, denne gang vilje jeg ha noen rolig :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei!
    Oletpa tehnyt todella hienon puseron! Mukavia neulehetkiä tulevalle vuodelle!
    Terv. SNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiitos SNY :) Tämä on harvinainen tekele, kaikki osui just kohdilleen ja olen supertyytyväinen. Yleensä jää aina jotain pientä hampaankoloon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hoodie, it looks fantastic on you! And I agree on the long sleeves... not only are they warm, I also think they make arms and hands look quite elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Batty ^_^ It is quite rare that I finish a sweater I'm totally satisfied with - there has always been something small that annoys me. Not this time :D

    ReplyDelete